The Sandpoint Library and Clark Fork Library have public computers with access to the internet, library catalog, information databases and Microsoft Office Suite. A computer can be used for up to an hour each day and extended up to another half hour if no one is waiting. Patrons can use a computer with a current library card number and pin.
Guests at the Sandpoint Library must stop at the technology desk upstairs to request a guest pass. Guest at the Clark Fork Library must stop at the circulation desk. A photo ID is required. Guests under 18 must have an adult present to obtain a guest pass. At the Sandpoint Library, reservations can be made at the reservation/printing station if a computer is not available.
Earbuds and thumb drives are available for sale at the Sandpoint Library technology desk.
- Earbuds - $1.65
- Thumb drives (2GB) - $4.20
Printing is available from the library computers in both color and black and white.
Public copiers are also available for copying, emailing and faxing services.
- Color Copies (8.5 x 11) - $0.25
- Color Copies (11 x 17) - $0.50
- Black and White (8.5 x 11) - $0.10
- Black and White (11 x 17)- $0.20
- Scanning to Email - FREE
- Fax (outgoing) - FREE
- Fax (incoming) - $0.10
Printing from INSIDE The Library
(1st time only)
- Inside the library, register for your printing account using your library card and pin for your username and password.
- Verify your registration via the email confirmation.
- If you created an account on our public computers, you can use the same account.
Set-up your device:
(1st time only)
- Once registered and verified, visit Printer Setup to get your device ready by installing the printer.
- Choose to install the Sandpoint or Clark Fork printer in this step.
- Go to the file or site and select print.
- Choose "Library Printers".
- Go to the copier to release your print jobs.
Printing from OUTSIDE The Library
Works for PDF and image files only.
- Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come to either library to release your print.
Free Wi-fi at the Library
Free wireless internet access is available at all library branches.
As with most public wireless hot spots, the library's wireless connection is not secure. Please take appropriate precautions when using this service. The library will not be responsible for any information that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
Library staff can provide general information for connecting your device to the wireless network but cannot troubleshoot problems related to your wireless device or assist in making changes to your device's network settings and/or hardware configuration. The library cannot guarantee that your device will work with the library's wireless access points.
Check out a wifi hotspot to get free wifi wherever you are!* Use at home or for travel, for work or for play - the choice is yours!
First, check the catalog for availability. Next, place a one on hold or come into The Library to check one out!
Hotspots check out for 7 days with a one-time, manual 7-day renewal option if no one is waiting. Please check the Hotspot Lending Policy as daily late charges and replacement fees apply.
*Hotspots use Sprint and service will not be available in all locations.
Tech for Kids
At the Sandpoint Library, Launchpad tablets are available for checkout at the circulation desk for two-week checkouts. These tablets are filled with fun, educational games for kids ages 3-5, 5-7, and 8-10.
At the Clark Fork Library, there are two iPads in the Children's Area with ABCmouse app. These are available on a first come, first serve basis
Abcmouse.com is also available on any public computer or on devices connected to our public WiFi.